In 2003 I graduated with my Masters in Social Work from Boston College Graduate School of Social Work. I currently serve as a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among my areas of expertise are individual and couple work related to infertility, pregnancy, perinatal loss, and postpartum issues. Additionally I have many years of experience working with adolescents and families with issues related to depression, anxiety, anger management, conduct and behavioral issues as well as family dynamics and relationships.
In addition to being a prominent individual and family therapist, I also conduct presentations for other clinicians, doctors, school staff, Mom's groups and to general audiences speaking on the topics of Postpartum Adjustment and Mood Disorders, Perinatal Loss, and Coping with Anxiety and Depression.
My theoretical style is cognitive-behavioral, mindfulness, and interpersonal based. I demonstrate a hands-on approach with interactive exercises for my clients. I provide an empathetic style to effectively address the personal life challenges we all face. I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
* MSW from Boston College Graduate School of Social Work 2003
* BA in Counseling Psychology from Lesley College 1999
License, Certifications & Awards
* Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker since 2007
* Karen Kleiman's Postgraduate Advanced Clinical Training on Postpartum
* Postpartum Support International's Perinatal Mood Disorder Compenents of Care Certificate of Completion Program
* 3 Day conference "When It Takes More Than 2 to Make A Baby"
* Helen Adrienne's Mind/Body/Spirit and Infertility 2-day training
Professional Activities and Memberships:
* member of Postpartum Support International
* member of National Association of Social Work
* member of ASRM (American Society for Reproductive Medicine)
* member of RESOLVE
Anxiety and Phobias
Difficulties with Self-Esteem
Pregnancy and Postpartum
High school/College Issues
Grief, Loss, or Bereavement